Ecological Working Group: Compost Day

hey everyone so we're having a compost bin construction work day!!! Just so everybody knows, we have officially been collecting compost from several businesses in clifton over the past few weeks. Building the bins at janies will let us have a depository for our compost which means we'll be able to build up some bed filler/amendments over the next few months.

ALSO, there is a workday at a community garden at the earth and spirit center off of newburg road, at 1pm. Perhaps we could bust a move at janies on saturday and then folks who wanted to network with other community gardeners and get a sense of what they're up to could do so over there?

so come to the compost day if you can!!!
bring food if you want!!

Where and When it is:
11am
this saturday, march 1
157 n jane st.
Its between Sycamore and Brownsboro.
There is ample parking in front. Just come up the steps on the left of the bright yellow house. I have a dog named Jackson. Or maybe walk up to the right side of 155. It's a vacant house and that's actually the yard we'll be working in. Also I have a neighbor a few houses down. He has a garden and compost bins we might want to look at.
My # is 897-2088 if there are any questions. (that's janie's number)

Thoughts on Materials:
We could use alot of pallets and other things necessary for construction. Here's the latest correspondence from the scavenger work group:
I can get some pallets today. I have some fencing. There are some metal fence posts on sight. I have screws, but not a battery operated drill. I'm not sure what my nail situation is. I think I have some, but I need to check. I do have a circular saw. I also have tie wire. rusty but usable.
People with construction skills and materials they think would be good should stone soup it up and everyone bring some stuff!

SEE YALL ON SATURDAY!!!

No comments: